Thursday, November 5, 2009

Girls...don't know if I'm ready for this

I remember elementary school and all the catty girl fights between "friends". I still consider 6 of those girls very good friends. Ones that I would do anything for. I remember them as funny memories, but occasionally I remember the feelings that went along with them. The intense emotions of being pre-pubescent. I don't think Katelyn is quite to that point yet, but I see it starting. Yeesch - I don't think I'm ready for this!

The other day Katelyn came home all upset because a little girl named Emily was mean to her at school. "She's so bossy and tells everyone what to do." (Pot meet Kettle) "She squeezed my hand so hard to make me drop the dice when it wasn't her turn." I tried yet again to make this a life lesson time. "How did that make you feel?" Then the tears came. I'm pretty sure she had kept them bottled up all day not wanting to let them out at school.

Oh, Sweet Girl, this is only the beginning of mean girl things that are going to happen to you. I hope your experiences are minimal. I pray that they are. I also pray that you take each of these experiences and learn from them to make you a better person. I hope & pray that your heartbreaks are few, but know that you have to have some to learn. Just know that every time your feelings are hurt and your heart is broken, I feel it too - double.

No comments:

Post a Comment