Tuesday, May 17, 2011

An update on the resolutions

So at the beginning of the year, I made 5 resolutions. I decided to revisit these and see how I was doing with them. Here's where I stand - 1. Drink more wine - Thank you to my good friend Valli. She's keeping me honest on this one. For my birthday, she gave me wine glasses and a bottle of sweet white wine. I've been enjoying the sweet white every now & again. Not too bad. A little different from my beer, but doable. Valli said she'd start me slow with the sweet and move me along. So since I wasn't drinking any and have now finished 1/2 the bottle, I'd say so far so good on this one. 2. Reconnect with old friends - Just had my 20yr reunion. It was wonderful! Had such a good time. Saw friends I really hadn't seen in 20 years. I've been reconnecting with some of them on Facebook prior to the reunion. I feel so fortunate having grown up in a small town. Going back for my class reunion felt more like a family reunion! 3. Run 5 races - Well, I missed the first race I'd planned on running, but have completed 2 so far. Feeling pretty good about running the 5Ks now. I've even been running 5K for a workout. Who knows, I might do a 10K by fall, maybe even a 10 mile. We'll see. 4. Have colonoscopy & mammogram - Haven't done it yet, but will get it done this summer. Need to have a kid free day with a ride available. Much easier to do in the summer. 5. Date night once a month - I knew this would be the hardest. I think we've actually done better than I thought. They haven't been "just us" date nights, but we've made it out 3 out of 5 months and this one isn't over yet. It's been nice. Makes me want to try harder. So all in all, I think I'm doing pretty well - as I finish this entry and this glass of wine.

1 comment:

  1. 3 words...YOU GO GIRL!!! that is awesome. I'm amazed at the running and very jealous! My knee never was the same after that dang tri and training for the half marathon. I have to stick to swimming now. Keep up the good work chic!! :)

    ReplyDelete