Tuesday, February 24, 2009

To my baby girl...


You turned 6 last week and I just can't believe it. You seem so grown up lately. I look at old pictures of you, even ones from just 3 years ago, and I don't even recognize that little bitty girl. Every stage you have had I love and don't want to ever end. I can never imagine what it will be like to have you older and then there you are, we are, going through different stages. You are growing up so fast and I love it that you still want to snuggle with your mommy. I love how you mother Brett and want to teach him everything you know. I love that you are so sweet to your friends and want to be a good friend. I love how bossy you are. It shows me that you will stick up for yourself and be a self-reliant leader, like your mommy. You are so much like me that it scares me as much as it makes me proud. I know we already argue too much and though I try to avoid it, life's stresses usually get to me and I don't. I just want you to know how much I love you. You are my favorite girl in all the world and I hope that the days I don't show it enough, you'll always know. You'll always be my "sweet potato pie". Happy birthday big girl - I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment