Monday, April 27, 2009

Only You

My friend Dana has turned me on to the whole "playlist" thing. Yes, I knew about them. Yes, I'd seen them on other people's myspace and blogs. But I love, love, love Dana's playlist! It inspires me, mellows me and moves me. One of my favorites right now is "Only You". It's mellow, sweet and I just love it. So I've changed my playlist again and I did copy some, okay quite a few off of hers. "Only You" has become "our song" for Brett and me. He likes to listen to our playlists with me - yes, he has his own list.

The sweetest thing happened the other day while we were listening. He was sitting at the computer while I was cleaning the kitchen - talking away, as usual. "Only You" came on and I said, "shhh, let's listen. I really like this one." He stopped talking, listened for a little bit and then said to me, "wanna dance with me". I scooped him right up out of that chair and we held each other tight and danced. I hadn't "danced around" with him in so long and it was wonderful. He hugged my neck tight while it played and even gave me a little kiss on the cheek. Tear bobs (a Meissen family term) came to my eyes and I said a little thank you to God for such a sweet, sweet boy - my sweet, sweet boy.



Hope you enjoy my new playlist as much as I am!

1 comment: