And then there are times like tonight that make me want to scoop him up, love him and never let him grow up. As he was going to bed tonight, he told me that Sarah, our neighbor, wants to marry him. Then he told me he doesn't want to marry her. We talked about how that will be a long way off and he doesn't have to marry anyone if he doesn't want to. Then he started to cry and when I asked what was wrong he said, "the person I want to marry is already married." I asked, "Who do you want to marry?" Through his sobs, he said, "I want to marry you!" "oh sweetie, I will be so old when you want to get married. And I'll always love you and be your Mama." More tears, lots of kisses, a couple lullabies and he was sound asleep.
How is it he can be so ornery and so sweet all in about 30 minutes?

No comments:
Post a Comment