Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wacky Wednesdays

I've decided Wednesday afternoons are going to be our day o'fun this year.
Wednesday mornings, we all have to go to school in the morning. Brett has pre-K. I have office hours at the college and Kate has 2nd grade, of course. But this year, Raytown schools have early release every Wednesday at 2pm. So I leave campus at 1, pick up Brett at 1:30 and get Kate at 2. Now we are free to play. It's like having a bonus 2 hours in the day just to play.


Our first Wednesday of Fun was a trip to the zoo. We hadn't been since late spring and we were due. It was the perfect day - overcast and not too hot.

Our first stop was Nikita - the newest addition to the zoo. She is beautiful.



We didn't have a lot of time, so we took the Asia/Australia path and went to visit the monkeys, tigers and kangaroos







and Buddha of course.



My monkeys climbed the big tree



We took a train ride, multiple carousel turns and even got free popcorn. I promised next time we'd go to Africa. So don't worry Nikita, we'll see you soon - maybe next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment