I got an unexpected gift for Christmas this year - a broken leg. I slipped on some ice while going back out to the car to get a sleeping Brett. After spending 3 hours in the ER on Christmas eve, while Brett slept through the entire visit & Katelyn was such a big brave girl, Daddy set up everything with me directing from the couch. Although all of our Christmas plans went out the window, I felt like it was still a very good one. Instead of hustling & bustling to and from, we got to spend our whole Christmas vacation at home. Almost everyone came to us this time - CoCo came on Christmas night and did EVERYTHING for us, my dad showed up at the hospital after my surgery, Nicky & Trevor and then Sharon came down to help out also. We actually got to have nice visits without all the stress.
One great thing about being propped on the couch is that you can't go anywhere, except to potty, and anyone can come snuggle at any time. Over the last few months, snuggles have gotten pushed aside to get things done, go to work, life. My kids have been wishing and praying that Mommy wouldn't have to work so much. Do you know how hard it is to leave when everyone is crying and hanging on you begging you not to go? When the little one thinks he can keep you from leaving by standing in front of the door? It would make me sad, but you have to do what you have to do to live right? I would try to explain to them why Mommy had to work more right now. Even though they would try to understand, they were really missing out on Mommy time. Well they've got it now. I've had so many hugs, kisses, snuggles and cuddles over the last couple weeks that I feel like the most love person in the world. I guess sometimes God has to knock you down - literally - to get your attention and answer some prayers! So this year I will thank him for the broken leg and all that has come with it. As the saying goes, "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

wow, how wonderful that you can see the positive of the situation, and boy is that a big one. you should keep your camera on the couch too and photo blog from your perspective. I am so happy that you get this quality time with your kidos. Lord knows they just grow way too fast. Love the blog. And am wishing you a speedy recovery! sara
ReplyDelete