Friday, January 9, 2009

I Love you MORE...


I know there is a book by this same title, but we don't have it. I'm not sure where or why it started, but this is a game Brett & I play at least daily. He's actually the one who started it or so I think. He will just come up to me, out of the blue, and say ever so sweetly, "I love you Mommy". Then he climbs up and gives me a kiss. I say, "I love you too Brett" and then it begins...


"I love you mo-ore" (sing-songy). "No, I love you more." "No, I love you more." and on and on and on. Then I say, "okay, you can love me more today, but I get to love you more tomorrow". Then I am told, "No, I get to love YOU more tomorrow". We continue this way until we have covered all the days of the week and I'm still not allowed to be the one that "loves more". I beg for one day, but still denied. Did I mention that during all this time I am being covered in kisses? Yes, the perfect, soft, little baby kisses (with an occasional puppy lick thrown in) that make life worth living. Man, I love this little boy!

1 comment:

  1. it's good to know i'm not the only mom who gets non-dog lovable puppy kisses from the little boys in her life!

    ReplyDelete