Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Lucky or Blessed - which ever you call it, I'm it...
You might think that I'd be sitting around feeling sorry for myself with the big broken leg thing & all. I mean I can't do much, can't go many places, can't do all that extra work I'd planned to make extra money and I get a little panicky at the sight or even the thought of stairs. But everyday, I feel like life is good. Although mornings I have to remind myself while cleaning up messes on the floor - balancing on the good leg. I have the most wonderful friends. Since I've been down and out, we have had an abundance of food delivered to our home. Good home cooked meals that last through the next day lunches and more dinners. I've had calls and cards from people that I see me for 15 minutes a day, once a week maybe. That really makes a person feel good. But I'm even luckier than that. I have friends & family who have come over and done my laundry, dishes, cleaned my toilets! and driven me all over town doing errands. They take my kids to play so that I can have a break and get a shower in. I just want to say thank you to my friends. I am truly blessed to have you in my life. I love you dearly and if you ever break a bone...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think "blessed" and everything happens for a reason. You have such an awesome attitude! Thinking of you!
ReplyDelete