I can't believe you are going to be a "Big First Grader" as Mrs. Alverson called you! I think I feel the same way about this stepping stone - excited, but a little sad. So excited at all the things you have learned, the leaps and bounds you have covered in such a short time. You are already much smarter than I was at this age. You are reading, writing, compiling sentences. You can add and subtract and "predict". I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished - especially the citizenship award you won. Nothing in life is more important than being nice and considerate of other people. No matter how smart, rich, prosperous you become in life, nothing matters if aren't a good person on the inside.
I'm also a little sad. You are growing up way to fast and I would really like time to slow down, even just a little. Kindergarten is such a wonderous time. You are able to straddle that line of little kid/big kid. I'm sad that that time is over for you and for me as your mommy. I know very soon I will just be "mom" and you won't want to snuggle with me like you do now. My baby is growing up and I know I'm not ready. I hope this summer we get to do lots of fun things together, but mostly just get to spend time together. I realized toward the end of the year how much I miss you while you are in school all day and just want to get a little Kate & Mommy time back, especially while you still enjoy it. I love you Katie-bear and I am so proud of you!

No comments:
Post a Comment