Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Way too long...

It has been way too long since my last post. If I was planning on keeping this blog as a journal of our family life, I am failing. You'd think we fell off the face of the earth! But instead, we were living life, enjoying summer and now we're back into a school routine. I'm going to try to improve on my journaling by blog and even try to get some of these gazillion pictures compiled - in scrapbooks or photobooks. So here's what we've been up to since last post...

This summer we spent LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of time at the pool. Is there anything better than hanging out in the sun and water when it's hot outside? We have a great pool here in town called SuperSplash. It is our community pool, but also a little water park. Both kids transformed into fish for the summer.



I swear I saw gills!

Katelyn even surprised everyone when she decided she needed to jump off the high dive at the Marceline pool - YIKES!!






Katelyn played tball again this summer and had a great season.



This year they found a rule that is a ball was hit to the grass, it counted as a double & the batter could run all the way to 2nd base, not just one base at a time. Well, our little slugger hit 2 out of 3 doubles at every game! She was awesome!!



She had the same coach as last year who was wonderful with the girls. Coach Connie Rocks!



We spent the week before 4th of July in Marceline with the Klingsmiths. Camping out on the new screened porch, visiting in KV,




swimming at the Disney pool, eating lots of ice cream, fishing and of course, carnivaling in the park!





We spent time with our YaYas and Petit YaYas and had a genuinely great time.

We came back to nightly play practices for our little Munchkin. Katelyn participated in the Raytown Arts Council's performance of the Wizard of Oz. They put on five wonderful shows for the public.



She loved every minute of it! She may have changed her career goal though, from actress to director!!


We took a mini vacation to Branson for some family fun - go karts, mini golf, Silver Dollar City. But I think their favorite part of the trip was just staying in the hotel!







In the mix of all this, we also fit in Vacation Bible school, trips to Deanna Rose, lots of play dates and of course, work. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty great summer. My only complaint would be that it just flew by way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment