You turned 8 today. Usually the night before your birthday you are sad and don't want to get older. Not this year. You were so excited - you were giddy! You actually said, "I don't think I can sleep. I'm so excited! I might just have to stay up until midnight so it will be my birthday!" I told you the story of the night you were born and you just wore a permanent grin on your face as you fell asleep.
When you woke up, you asked for birthday pancakes - big ones - with a candle. So that's what you got. And another round of "Happy Birthday to You" while you did this silly little dance.
This was the first year that you've been in school that you've gotten to have a birthday on a school day. This year they even had your "Friendship" Valentine party on your birthday. Can it get any better than that?! I'm so glad I got to come to school and celebrate with you.
After school you had dance and didn't even complain about going because you knew we were heading to Pizza Street afterward (your choice). What a great birthday - and Valentine's Day!
Happy Birthday to my sweet 8 year old - I love you bunches!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment