Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our crazy busy Party weekend

Saturday was the day. Party was the theme. Birthday parties that is! I took the weekend off to have both kids birthday parties. Brett's was scheduled for 10, Kate's for 2. As with life, plans had to change. Our good friend Zane lost his father and the funeral was scheduled for 10am on Saturday morning. So we quick changed the time of Brett's to 12-2. We could do it, right? Of course! And we didn't feel like there was any other option. We had to be at the funeral and we had to get these parties done while I was off. So we started our day off saying good bye to Chuck Hall. He lived 80 full years and was surrounded by a very loving familly that will miss him very much.

Next was hurry home to set up for Brett's party. Star Wars was the theme he picked, so I dove right in starting with the invitation.


We ate pizza


had cake & ice cream


opened presents



and did some Jedi training with our handy light sabers


It was a beautiful day outside, which was good for all the light sabering going on! As Brett's guests were leaving, Kate's started showing up. It was a little hectic, but we got everyone in the right places.

Katelyn wanted a Peace Sign party. Here was her invitation


We started with a craft for her party. We made peace sign key chains. I think my helper would have liked it if I'd have tried one ahead of time, but you know me - I just wing it! Then came cake time.


present opening



and had a little dance party.


These kids had some moves!



Later that night, we went out for Zane's 40th Birthday. A little BBQ & blues was the theme for this party.

Kisses for the birthday boy

Steve & Zane posed for a picture - this might be a first


Steve Lemon got bluesy on the paper towel drum


Steph encouraged tips


V&Z looked sweet together


WHEW! What a day! Three parties and a funeral - sounds like a movie, huh?
Also want to add a HUGE thank you to my mom & dad for helping clean the house, the driveway, help with parties and watch kids so I could make it all happen. They are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment