Tuesday, February 15, 2011

He's a Whole Hand

You turned five today. Last night you were so upset about getting older. When I put you to bed I said good night (for the last time) to my four year old boy. You got very sad and started to cry. You told me you didn't want to turn five. You wanted to turn two. "Why?" I asked. "Because then you would still hold me and sing to me", you said while sitting on my lap. "But that's what I'm doing right now", I said. "You used to dance me around", you cried. I understand why you cried, I miss those days too. But being five is going to be so much fun. You are going to learn to ride a 2 wheeler with no training wheels, get to play t-ball, swim and go off the diving board with no help and start kindergarten.

I wish I could have spent all day with you on your birthday, but I guess we get to spend most days together - at least for a little while longer. I'll cherish them while we have them - even if it means playing wii or star wars or play doh. And remember, you'll always be my baby and I'll hold you and sing to you as long as you'll let me. I love you birthday boy! You are the sweetest thing I've ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment